Sorry, Intrallect is not recruiting at the moment, but below are examples of the type of candidates that we look for
Systems/Server/Network Administrator – Leading Software Ltd
Leading Software is an innovative software company based in the heart of Edinburgh. Intrallect and Identico are two companies within Leading Software that focus on the educational and security sectors respectively. Leading Software needs an experienced system administrator to support its established systems both internal (for our development and management staff) and external (our data centre). The data centre systems include Leading Software’s own web sites and Git code repository as well as systems hosted for our customers, which include Apache, PHP, Tomcat, MySQL and our own applications.
The successful candidate will have sole responsibility for managing both the internal network system, including backup, cross-operating-system shared file systems, patching, infrastructure security, a Git code repository, Java application servers (Apache Tomcat), database engines such as MySQL & SQL Server, wireless network, routers and firewalls, and our externally-hosted web servers, including email systems, web content management system and hosted web applications.
Support for the sales process is needed. For example, providing technical information for tender documents and helping to define infrastructure architecture for proposed solutions. Security is a consideration, particularly for the voice biometrics’ business.
In addition, a strategic and forward-planning view of Leading Software’s needs is part of the work, including maintaining and developing a virtual private network, test frameworks for Leading Software’s software development team and providing technical support to customers. Work will also include maintenance and upgrading of the company website.
Required Skills and Experience
This post demands someone who has wide experience, a genuine love of technology, and an ability to be flexible, adaptable and learn new skills. The candidate should be able to demonstrate all of the following:
- At least two years experience of acting as system administrator on Windows and Linux
- Use of scripting languages (e.g. Bash or Ruby)
- Knowledge of Virtualisation (e.g XenServer or Amazon EC2)
- Security Technologies (e.g SSL/TLS)
- Administration of database solutions (e.g. MySQL, SQL server and Oracle)
- Proven ability to support a complex network/server environment single-handed
- Good communication skills with staff and customers
Ideally a candidate will also have some of the following:
- Experience of working in a software development environment
- Experience of system monitoring (e.g Nagios)
- Experience of Active Directory / LDAP
- Experience of OSX
- Experience of infrastructure automation (e.g Chef, Puppet)
- Experience of managing and maintaining cloud-enabled services
- Experience of Cisco Routers
- Will have an appropriate degree or equivalent work experience
- As this is a small company, candidates will be expected to become self-sufficient as well as being able to work with other team members.
Salary range is £26,000 – £34,000 and is dependent on experience.
Applicants should send a C.V. (including two referees) to email@example.com to be received no later than 5pm on Friday 14 March 2014.